PT. Bahana TCW Investment Management (Bahana TCW) is joint venture between Perusahaan Perseroan (Persero) PT. Bahana Pembinaan Usaha Indonesia with Trust Company of the West (TCW), a Los Angeles-based reputable investment management company. A wide experience in investment management for more than 23 years has led Bahana TCW to win the trust from various clients, institutional and individual. As the Top 3 Investment Managers in Indonesia, our asset under management has reached the value of more than IDR 48 trillion (Dec 2018) consisting of various investment portfolio and mutual fund shares that is designed to match the profile and needs of each client. For four consecutive years (2015 - 2018), Bahana TCW was awarded Best Asset & Fund Manager Indonesia by Alpha Southeast Asia.
The majority of Bahana TCW’s business is driven by the Institutional Segment. We are one of the Top 3 Investment Managers in Indonesia that has been entrusted by many big insurance, pension fund, and financial services. Therefore, the role of Institutional Sales is highly strategic in Bahana TCW’s core business. We are looking for a smart, creative, and committed individual to maintain and spearhead the development of our institutional business unit.
INSTITUTIONAL SALES (INSTIBTIM)
What you will do:
Client Acquisition, Relationship Management, & Marketing Analysis and Strategy
Who you are:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in sales/marketing/partnership/business development.
- Must have an understanding in capital market. Experience in mutual fund industry is a big plus.
- Candidates with WAPERD or WMI will be prioritized.
- Business, marketing or other relevant Bachelor degree.
- Great interpersonal skill. Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision.
- Good presentation skill. Experience in relationship management will be a plus.
- Fluent in verbal and written English and Indonesia.
Send your CV and Case Study to email@example.com with subject: INSTIBTIM
Heres the instruction:
- You will find the case study on the attached file,
- Write your answer as comprehensive as possible. Please submit it back in PPT format, 2 slides maximum for each question, or MS Word format, 1 page maximum for each questions.
- Please be ready to present your answers during the first interview, for maximum 20 minutes.
Problem: If there’s a Pension Fund or Insurance (Pick One) that wants to invest IDR 1 Trillion in Bahana TCW’s products, as an Institutional Sales, what would you recommend them?
It is important for Bahana TCW to differentiate ourselves in the accuracy of our product and service offerings to meet our client’s business need. Therefore, it is imperative for our Institutional Sales to have a fundamental understanding of our institutional client landscape, and good business acumen to analyze our client’s requirements.
Pick one of these three topics below to answer:
- How can Bahana TCW increase its Asset Under Management from the institutional segment when we have already acquired all of the big clients? How do we maintain sustainable revenue growth when management fee are getting squeezed more and more?
- How to convert Bahana TCW’s existing client’s portfolios from low margin (Money Market & Fixed Income Fund) to high margin (Balanced and Equity Fund)?
- How can Bahana TCW maintain its competitive advantage against other investment managers in Indonesia?
Please outline your:
- Approach to diagnose the problem (i.e. suggested structure/analyses to arrive at a recommendation)
- Preliminary recommendations (i.e. an initial hypothesis of what could be done with data points to substantiate your findings) and,
- High-level implementation plan to execute said recommendations, including potential timelines and plans for stakeholder engagement